Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Great Pumpkin Chase.....

Do you ever feel like you are on a big hunt? Kinda like chasing the great pumpkin or hunting some easter eggs? By the way - I STILL love to hunt Easter eggs - will I ever grow up?!?!? *SMILE* Okay okay back to the whole hunting thing....I have been hunting for a church. Or maybe I should call it the "unhunt".

I have been visiting Daniel (my younger brother) and his wife Emily in Valpo, Indiana. Today, I went to their church GracePoint. Something that was confirmed for me today was just how much I need to really seek the Lord on finding a church home. Growing up I never saw my parents trying to decide what church to go to in the community. The church was why we came to the community. And to be honest, I have gone mostly where my faimly has served.

Another reason I don't think I have been proactive in finding a church home is because sometimes it hurts to go. Most churches are geared towards families - so what if your family consisits of the four-legged type....then what? Honestly, there have been moments that I have left church feeling worse than when I went in. So why go?

Today the sermon hit home for me. I needed to hear it. My heart needed to hear it. It was on pivotal circumstances.....it made for an emotional time. I know, some of you are saying - of course....dang waterworks! Oh for the love....I wish that I was like this rock of steel - but I'm not. Probably won't ever be. And to be quite honest the more pivotal circumstances I have in my life the more tender my heart becomes and the more tears that flow. Just so you know I'm hearing Justin Timberlake sing --- "cry me a river..." in my head! *wink* Oh come on - you know it! You love it!! You were thinking about the song too!! *SMILE*

Speaking of songs ... here's part of another one that I think of when dealing with pivotal circumstances....and of course we worshipped with this song....
"I will trust You in the pain
When I can't see past today
When it's hard to lift my
hands to praise You, I will trust You" (Daniel Doss, Ronnie Freeman)

So I guess the question is - am I gonna trust Him in my pain? Are you gonna trust Him in your pain? It's not easy. There have been times that all I can do is just stand there and weep - and sometimes I haven't been able to stand at all - it's simply been flat on my face weeping....

....I WILL trust you in the pain when I can't see past today when it's hard to lift my hands to praise you I WILL trust You....

Trust - it's not knowing what is gonna come tomorrow..... but knowing He will get me through it.
Trust - it's believing that He is still God and HE IS GOOD....
Trust - it's believing that He has a purpose....
Trust - it's knowing that the victory is won....
Trust - it's a confident expectation

"I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock in whom I take refuge, He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18: 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment