Sunday, December 20, 2009

Monumental Day

So tomorrow I go to my Oncologist for my 5 year appointment. I am anticipating that after all the bloodwork and scans are done there will be an "Everything's just fine" report. In honor of the big day I was origianally going to get a tatoo that said survivor. To be honest I had mixed emotions about it. Mom and Dad would NOT have approved and I just wasn't 100% about it. Soooo, I decided to buy myself a nice piece of jewelry for the occassion. There were two items in the running. The first was a bracelet from Tiffany's........ The second was a charm bracelet from James Avery. The charm bracelet won out. (Maybe I'll buy the bracelet from Tiffany's for myself on Valentine's Day!!!!)
Okay back to the charm bracelet............ here is a picture of it...........

I would get my initials on the bracelet. My younger brother (Daniel) and sister-in-law (Emily) are adopting a baby and her name is going to be Darby Layne Doss. She will have the same initials as I do so everything I get that is monogrammed she can inherit one day, if she wants it. *smile*

Here are the charms that I am going to buy for it right now............


This charm will say - Survivor 12-21-09

I love this one - Jesus - our Ultimate Healer!!!!!!!!!!! This one is in honor of my precious Mother who is currently battling cancer. She has a charm bracelet and I always remember that she had a grand piano on it. I love her, she's the best!!









2 comments:

  1. Oh Deb- Darby Layne will be the luckiest little girl to have you as her aunt. I like the charm bracelet idea, but I also liked the tattoo idea. :) Definitely love the Survivor charm! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on hitting your 5 year mark! My daughter Kennedy is in remission from Leukemia and will hit survivor status in 2012! What an awesome milestone that is! Love the bracelet idea! I may steal that idea for her! She can't get a tattoo... she'll only be 8 years old then! haha

    ReplyDelete