Sunday, December 6, 2009

My funny little children....

There are times when my students make me chuckle inside or simply smile. And then there are those times when my kids make me double over in laughter!!! Such as this.......
Picture it -- Kids coming in my classroom fresh off of Thanksgiving Break: Oh Ms. Doss we love the tree! (As one child begins singing "O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree")
Ms. Doss: Well, I am glad that you all like it - what do you see that is missing from the tree?
Kids: Ornaments
Ms. Doss: Well - you all are going to help me decorate our class tree. After whoops and hollers I continue. If I catch you making good choices, coming in class and getting on task, helping a friend, then you may get to put an ornament on our tree. Suddenly, I see straighter backs, trying to show that THEY need to be picked. And then a hand shoots up.... I call on this student and he says in the most sincere and grown-up voice....Ms. Doss That is a wonderful idea. It just cracked me up. I thanked the student and he smiled.

It is funny how a children sometimes act like little adults. A few years ago there was a little boy that was walking through the hallway and looked at a coworker and myself - shook his head and said "kids these days".......

No comments:

Post a Comment